Monday, December 19, 2011

California Top 5

Since arriving to my new home in Charlotte, I've been craving a few things from home. These are a few things that can't be found in North Carolina, no matter how hard I try. Not saying life doesn't go on without them, but there are some things I sure do miss.

Number 1. Tommy's Sushi
I'm sorry Charlotte and surrounding areas. There is something that even remotely comes close to Tommy's Sushi. Pass me a baked scallop roll, a spicy tuna handroll, and a crunchy roll that no one can seem to recreate with such magic. Maybe there is something in the water there, but I sure do love it.

Number 2. Family
I know I should have put this one first, but they already know how much I love them. And they also know how much I've struggled with finding sushi in CLT. I miss my family, but their constant love and support is felt across the country and I'm so grateful for such amazing parents. (Plus Maadi gets to see grandma and grandpa)

Number 3. A Sunset on the Beach
We do seem to get pretty incredible sunrises in NC, but I can't seem to get over the sunsets that light up the Pacific Ocean. I am trying to plan time on the Atlantic Ocean, but until then, I miss the ease of driving 20 minutes to the beach. I used to go there on a bad day, park in the same place, walk out to the beach and sit on the lifeguard stand thanking God for his beauty. I thank him in different ways because NC is really beautiful, but I am eager to see the Pacific Ocean.

Number 4. FRIENDS
I can honestly admit that I don't have a crazy amount of close friends, but I think that what I lack in quantity I make up big time in quality. My friends are AWESOME. They love, pray, and accept me for the crazy, out there person that only some people know me for. I can't wait to see all my friends!

Number 5. Warm-er Weather
I know the weather in January isn't the warmest for California, but it will still be noticeable compared to NC. It's not like NC gets crazy cold like, say Vermont, but I am getting used to waking up to 30-degree temps. Being able to wear a scarf for fashion and not function will be a treat.

California, I'll see you in a few weeks!

No comments: