Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Worthless to Priceless

Have you ever felt worthless ? It's easy for the world around us to make those accusations. I will admit I'm feeling that way right now about my walk with Jesus. I sin again and again with stuff that is so clearly spoken against in the bible. Why do I do it? Amazingly, I found a guy that can relate to how I feel.

For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate...For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
-Romans 7:15, 19 (NASB)

Those words came from the apostle Paul who lived so vibrantly for the Lord. He shows us that even a man so passionate for Jesus had trouble with sin and the temptations of the world.

I shouldn't be surprised by this concept though. The same devil that tempted Adam and Eve, and Paul is the same devil that is tempting me and you today. The same tricks he used back then are working today in just a more modern facet. Well I don't know about you, but that gets me pretty pissed off.

I want to look at the temptations that are placed before me and laugh at them. Hahaha (feel free to practice now). I know it's never as easy as that (though I'm glad you practiced), but hey, maybe it will work! If i take a step back, look at the situation, maybe it might work? I might as well try a different approach than I have been because I haven't been living a life that displays Jesus in a positive light. I know, as with a lot of sin, it sounds fun at the time, but it bites. And Jesus knows it so well.

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."
-John 10:10 (NASB)

I want to choose LIFE. I want to choose it now and not tomorrow.

Now just to make sure we are clear, I am saying this all as a complete reminder to myself, but figured I would share in case anyone else was going through the same thing. I hope you see that.

I wanted to end with a great couple verses from Psalm 34. Remember we GET to praise the God of the universe. How great and holy is He!

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; The humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.
-Psalms 34:1-4 (NASB)

No comments: